The Choices of Albus Dumbledore
See Decisions for some of the factors that Dumbledore influenced.
- If Dumbledore refused to become Minister of Magic because he couldn't be trusted with power, especially power over children... why did he get a job where he had power over children?
- Why didn't Dumbledore expel Sirius Black for attempted murder? Why did he punish the victim, Severus Snape, instead?
- Why did Dumbledore, as the Chief of the Wizengamot, allow Sirius Black to be imprisoned without trial?
- What gave Dumbledore the authority to place Harry with the Dursleys?
- When did Dumbledore first suspect that Harry Potter might be a Horcrux?