A healthy low-GI breakfast
- 500ml No Fat Natural Jalna Yoghurt
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats (traditional porridge oats, not instant)
- 2 apples (cored, not peeled)
- 4 pieces of fruit
- food processor, blender or stick blender
- 4 airtight containers
- Blend the yoghurt, apples and rolled oats together. Pour into the four containers and store in the fridge; it will keep up to 4 days.
- For each container, just before eating, chop up one piece of fruit and stir into the muesli.
- Any fruit can be used, even bananas, although these may go brown. Fruits such as grapes, strawberries and melon are measured by the handful: 1 handful == 1 piece of fruit.
- If you use kiwi fruit, eat the muesli straight away; the kiwi fruit has enzymes which can make it curdle.
- blend the yoghurt and apples in the food processor, then stir in the rolled oats
- rather than using a food processor, grate the apples, and simply mix the apples and rolled oats into the yoghurt